1 – About NCC Education
NCC Education was originally part of the National Computing Centre, established as a computing initiative by the British Government in 1966. Since our inception, we have developed a network of over 170 partner centres located in more than 50 countries.
Working with a global network of schools, colleges and universities, we provide learners with a route to obtain a university degree and access to British education, through a combination of traditional and distance learning.
Accredited Partner Centres are given full access to a comprehensive range of teaching and learning resources and the necessary ongoing academic guidance and support to meet UK quality standards. Our business model allows centres to offer one or more of our qualifications at their institution, ranging from entry-level qualifications to full degree pathways, up to master’s level, specialising in Business and Computing qualifications.
We are regulated by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) and have qualifications listed on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) in England.
“NCC Education is committed to providing every learner with a world-class British qualification“
Hình 1: Head Office ncc education in United Kingdom
2 – NCC Education Milestones
- The National Computing Centre was initially established as a computing initiative by the British Government in 1966;
- The first NCC Education centre set up in Malaysia and started offering IT qualifications in 1976;
- Launched ‘Threshold Scheme’ to provide on-thejob IT training for school leavers in 1978;
- NCC Education Ltd., established as an awarding body and became independent from the UK government and Established regional office in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia in 1997;
- Established regional office in Cape Town, South Africa in 1999;
- Launched our first university partnership with London Guildhall University, enabling Accredited Partner Centres to teach a British degree in 2000;
- In 2003, Introduced the International Foundation Year (IFY), Business qualifications;
- Established regional office office in Beijing, China in 2004;
- In 2005, NCC Education Introduced the Virtual Learning Environment;
- Launched the online the BSc (Hons) Business Computing and Information Systems top-up degree programme, awarded by the University of Wales. Strategic partnership with the University of Greenwich, enabling centres to teach locally the BSc (Hons) Business Information Technology top-up degree in 2007;
- Product Launch: Level 4 and Level 5 Diplomas in Business Information Technology. Launched the Level 7 Diploma in Business Management and the Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Business IT in 2011;
- In 2012, Product Launch: Level 3 Diploma in Computing and Level 3 Diploma in Business
- Product Launch: BSc (Hons) in Business Computing and Information Systems top-up, validated and awarded by the University of Central Lancashire, delivered online in 2013;
- Product Launch: Innovative range of Digi qualifications following the English National Curriculum for schools in 2014;
- Product Launches: Revised Level 7 Diploma in Business Management (L7DBM), designed for graduates or experienced managers. And Short Courses – Data Science – Cyber Security in 2019.
3 – Government and Industry Recognition
NCC Education is recognised by the following government and industry bodies:
a – Ofqual
NCC Education is recognised by the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual) as an awarding body of quality British qualifications. The Office regulates qualifications, examinations and assessments in England, to ensure that all students receive the highest standard of education. The details of qualifications accredited by Ofqual can be found within The National Database of Accredited Qualifications (NDAQ).
b – Department of Education
NCC Education is recognised by the Department of Education and the Department for Business Innovation and Skills as an awarding body for Higher Education qualifications, under article 96 and article 97 of the Learning and Skills Act 2000.
4 – What We Offer Study Centres
- Ongoing academic and commercial support, online and face-to-face training and annual visits.
- Marketing collateral and guidance.
- Comprehensive teaching and learning materials with guidance notes in support of each programme
- Marking and moderation services, sample assessments, past assignment and exam papers with supporting marking schemes.
- Flexible diploma programmes and assessment cycles that fit any academic year and can be delivered full-time over 1 year or part-time over 2 or 3 years
- A centre support executive who manages the centre’s student registrations and assessments
- An account manager supporting the commercial relationship
- Staff and student access to our Virtual Learning Environment (VLE)
- Turn-it-in anti-plagiarism software
=> Information sources: https://www.nccedu.com/about-us/#1576143637390-bf248613-424f